We are aware that, in order to mitigate the threat of COVID-19, many school districts have opted to run classes on a Monday through Thursday schedule this school year, relying on remote learning each Friday. We recognize that for working parents of elementary-school children, this may present a real educational and child-care challenge.
To remedy this situation and support you in your child’s education, Thanksgiving Point is offering a full-day STEM course every Friday from September 11 to December 11, that complements your child’s classroom curriculum. Classes run from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm each Friday. After Care is available HERE. Four-week units cost $200 per child, or all 3 four-week units can be purchased for $540 per child. For more information, please call 801.768.4971.
Our trained educators use research-based educational practices at the cutting-edge of the field to help your child stay ahead of their peers through:
- Hands-on experiments
- Inquiry-based learning
- Access to professional-grade supplies, equipment, and science labs
- Interactive, real-life experiences with robotics, engineering, and the natural world
- Career discovery meetings with STEM professionals
This age-appropriate, fun learning experience for boys and girls from 1st to 6th grade is the perfect solution for working parents, and provides a safe, interactive environment where your child will thrive. Our proven health and safety policies* help us prevent the spread of communicable disease, including COVID-19.
*We understand that many families likely have concerns about classes and how they are affected by COVID-19. To ensure the safety of our guests, students, and team members, we have communicable-disease control plans in place that can be revised in cooperation with public health authorities as additional guidance is provided. We will continue to make new updates as new information becomes available. Some of our current strategies for preventing the spread of communicable diseases and illnesses such as COVID-19 include:
- Building a class culture that takes health and hygiene seriously and keeps the precautions on the front of the minds of students and staff.
- Masks/face coverings are required for all guests ages 3 and older at our indoor venues/areas, including class participants. Masks/face coverings are not required while outdoors, when social distancing is possible.
- Modeling and enforcing appropriate sneezing and coughing behavior. Coughing into the elbow and shoulder, not into hands or open air.
- Implementing extra spacing precautions. Games, activities, and snack/lunch times will be adjusted to ensure spatial distance between students to minimize the chance of spreading disease via breathing or touching.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing. All team members carry small hand sanitizer containers. Students can win prizes for demonstrating adequate hand washing as a part of camp activities.
- Drop-off screenings. We will ask that students with any illness please stay home, as well as participants who have been exposed to a person who is suspected to have contracted coronavirus or if the student has traveled out of the state within two weeks of the start of camp.
- All our team members are subjected to daily temperature and symptoms checks.
Choose another item
October 16, 2020 9:00AM
1st-3rd Grade Engineering
- Instruction runs from 9:00am - 3:00pm each day. Drop off starts at 8:30am
- Masks are required for participation.
- Children will need to bring a sack lunch and a refillable water bottle.
- Snacks and educational supplies are included.
- 10% discount for Thanksgiving Point Members.
- Thanksgiving Point does not issue refunds or exchanges for special events or classes. All sales are final. Non-transferable.
If you find this message in error, please check your reservation request and try again.