*Garden of Quilts admission not included in class registration*
9:00am - 4:00pm
Watermelon Placemats - All Skill Levels Foundation Paper Piecing - Judy Niemeyer and Judel Niemeyer
9:00am - Noon
Wool Penny Notes - Beginner Hand Embroidery/Wool Applique - Charisma Horton
Exclusive Surprise Cross Stitch - Confident Beginner Cross Stitch - Lori Holt and Kimberly Jolly
Granny Style Bag - Intermediate Bag Making - Karen Pratt
Wintery Wall Hanging or Decorative Pillow - Beginner/Intermediate Raw Edge Applique - Janet Wecker Frisch
Rhinestones Quilt - Beginner/Interediate Piecing - Melanie Collette
Utah State Embroidery - Beginner Embroidery - Rachel Erickson
On the Go Backpack - Any Skill Level Curved Piecing - Heather Bailey
Bindings and Alternate Endings - All Skill Levels Bindings - Deonn Stott
Sewing a Mermaid! - Beginner Doll Sewing - Little Lizard King
Who Doesn't Want to Feather? - Beginner Longarm Quilting - Martha Higdon
2:00pm - 5:00pm
Halloween Applique Hoops - Beginner Applique/Embroidery - Amy Chappell
Simply Scalloped Pillow - Beginner Wool Applique - Stacy West
Versatile Dresden Tote Bag - Intermediate Bag Making - Karen Pratt
Nordic Nights - Advanced Beginner Piecing - Melissa Corry
How to Make A Quilted Block Pouch - Advanced Beginner Quilting, Zipper and Binding - Minki Kim
Pincushions with Personality - All Skill Levels Hand Stitching/Embroidery - Heather Bailey
Lighthearted - All Skill Levels Piecing - Camille Roskelley
Hearts at Home - Condfident Beginner - Chelsi Stratton
New Leaf - Beginner Piecing - Vanessa Goertzen
Border Patrol - Beginner Longarm Quilting - Harriet Carpanini
7:00pm - 11:00pm
Change event date
Granny Style Bag
Create a modern Granny Style bag with options for wood handle or cotton webbing handle. This style bag is classic yet modern, useful, and a fun make for any level of sewing. You'll learn how to pair up fabrics and fun embellishments together to make a pretty bag! With a simple pattern and instructions, we will go step by step on how to create it from start to finish.
Class Registration: $60
Supplies Needed for Class:
- Basic Sewing Supplies (straight pins and pin cushion, scissors, seam ripper, fabric marking pen or pencil, small cutting mat (no larger than 12x18), and a rotary cutter)
Fabrics Required by each Student:
- ½ yard of print fabric (preferably a low volume print or light in color).
- 1 fat quarter print fabric
- 1 fat quarter print fabric
- ½ yard of either duck canvas or lightweight canvas such as My Happy Place by Lori Holt Home Décor line.
- 1 pair of wooden bag handles (example purchased at Hobby Lobby, Sewology brand).
- 1 set of metal snap button (example purchased at Hobby Lobby, Sewology brand)
- 1 yard of Bias Tape Maxi Piping
- 1 yard of Pellon SF101 Shape Flex Fusible Interfacing or something similar like Pellon 809 Fusible Stabilizer.
- ½ yard of quilt batting (example uses Warm and Natural).
- Quilt basting spray
- Quilting ruler
- Four pre-made hexies (large and medium sizes)
- One 12” nylon zipper
Thanksgiving Point members receive 10% discount on Class Registration. Member discount does not apply to Kit Fee. Thanksgiving Point does not issue refunds or exchanges for special events. All sales are final.